cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera's red light flashes, lens moves, but the camera doesn't turn on.

haleynicle06
Apprentice

I recently went to the Sahara and decided to bring my Canon EOS Rebel T3 with me. The camera died while I was there, although it said that the battery charge was full. After returning from my trip, my camera wouldn't turn on at all. I finally got it to turn on, and it died within seconds (and the charge said full.) Now, the battery is fully charged and if I try to turn the camera on the red light in the right corner blinks a few times, my lens with move once or twice, and then nothing happens. I have tried a different SD card and the same thing happened. I ordered a new battery yesterday, do you think that could be the solution? This camera is a few years old and hasn't had a new battery yet. Any advice is helpful! 

3 REPLIES 3

Mr_Fusion
Enthusiast

While the battery dying is a definate possibility, I would check for dust. T3 are great cameras with a major downside; they are not environmentally sealed. 

Question; does the display come on? If so, what does the battery charge say?

How can I check for dust? Also, the display doesn't turn on. When I turn it on the red light flashes a few times and then nothing happens.

Forget the dust. That isn't it.  If it is not the battery or charger you need to have a service center look at it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements