cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not working

naboujaoude
Apprentice

I haven't used my camera in a few years but took it out today to see if it would work. I charged the battery and put it inside the camera and it would turn on but only for a few mintues. The screen of the camera would then show these green lines and turn off. I can take the battery out and put it back in, but it just does the same thing after a few mintues. After I put the battery back in I also at times get a busy or err message. Thanks for any help. 

5 REPLIES 5

Crista
Whiz

Hi naboujaoude! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model camera you own. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team can help HERE

Thanks!

I have a Canon EOS Rebel SL1

Greetings,

Test the camera with a know good power source/battery

Then you can determine if its working or not.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tim
Authority

naboujaoude, 

We recommend sending the unit to Canon at your earliest convenience.  You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Curious, the obvious first thing to suspect is the battery/charger.  Why have you not done that first off?  Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements