Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Camera not working

I haven't used my camera in a few years but took it out today to see if it would work. I charged the battery and put it inside the camera and it would turn on but only for a few mintues. The screen of the camera would then show these green lines and turn off. I can take the battery out and put it back in, but it just does the same thing after a few mintues. After I put the battery back in I also at times get a busy or err message. Thanks for any help. 

Re: Camera not working

Hi naboujaoude! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums! 

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model camera you own. 

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team can help HERE

Thanks!

New Contributor

I have a Canon EOS Rebel SL1

Product Expert
Product Expert

naboujaoude, 

We recommend sending the unit to Canon at your earliest convenience.  You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Respected Contributor

Greetings,

Test the camera with a know good power source/battery

Then you can determine if its working or not.

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.4) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.02)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 2.00) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro1903 ~EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 Ultra
Highlighted
VIP

Curious, the obvious first thing to suspect is the battery/charger.  Why have you not done that first off?  Smiley Frustrated

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!