Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Camera locks up, recording message

I am having the exact same problem. I formatted card, switched lenses and reset the camera following some youtube video instructions. about every 4 pictures it gives me this error.
New Contributor

I just received a Canon refurb 6D.  Seemed brand-new, always had great luck with Canon refurbs in the past.  Worked great for about 2 days, then this started.  Low-level formatted card, reset camera settings, everything.  Swapped SD cards (SanDisk Ultra 80MB/sec), same thing.  Super unhappy.  Gonna send this back.

Reputable Contributor

Please reply back here about how your problem is resolved.

New Contributor

Spent a few minutes on the phone with Canon tech support (Kevin).  He was great.  He listened to my story, did not make me repeat all my prior efforts, had me do one more simple test, and pronounced my camera defective.  Since it was just purchased directly from Canon I had the choice of a warranty repair or refund.  I chose refund, was put through to a very friendly and helpful salesperson (Christina) who worked through an RMA and exchange.  Actually got me a new 6D MkII body for hardly any more money, since they had no more 6D refurbs in stock.  All in all I received excellent customer support, IMO.

In the space of an hour I went from a pissed-off customer to a happy one.

VIP

@mckeek wrote:

Spent a few minutes on the phone with Canon tech support (Kevin).  He was great.  He listened to my story, did not make me repeat all my prior efforts, had me do one more simple test, and pronounced my camera defective.  Since it was just purchased directly from Canon I had the choice of a warranty repair or refund.  I chose refund, was put through to a very friendly and helpful salesperson (Christina) who worked through an RMA and exchange.  Actually got me a new 6D MkII body for hardly any more money, since they had no more 6D refurbs in stock.  All in all I received excellent customer support, IMO.

In the space of an hour I went from a pissed-off customer to a happy one.

You will love the 6D2.  The 45 cross type AF points are very accurate, which also allow the camera to track moving subjects very well.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."