cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera connect app does not find my camera

TSPL
Apprentice

Hi All,

I've bought a EOS1300D camera recently. But I can not connect to it, with the Camera Connect app.

I've setted up the camera as an access point and was able to find the access point with the same SSID on my smartphone (Moterola Moto G4). I'm also able to connect to this access point but after that the app just displays "Camera not connected" with underneath it, the correct Wi-Fi(SSID) displayed.

I've already tried to turn it on and off again and I've also reinstalled the app, but these 'tricks' did not work.

Kind reggards,

Tom

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Make sure the camera is in Wi-Fi mode.  

I have a couple of Wi-Fi enabled cameras, but never use the feature because I always shoot RAW, which do not transfer via WiFi to a smart device.  Probably because smart devices do not know what to do with a RAW file, and neither does Facebook..  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If you have to, reset the wifi in the camera's menu and start over again.  Also, to be safe, have your phone forget the Canon network.  The steps should be fairly simple: enable the wifi in your camera and select the send to phone icon, then have your phone detect the new network and select it.   Enter the pass code provided by the camera and wait for the Canon network to be enabled.  The open the app, and it should pick up the network after several seconds.  The first time it may take a while, but it should pick up the camera and network.

anvil_canon
Apprentice
Try turning the cellular data off after connecting to the camera's wifi.

Then afterwards open the camera connect app.

It seems to be ignoring the wifi because it doesn't have internet access.

Just remember to turn on cellular data when you are finished 🙂

Eddie296
Apprentice

I have recently purchased a EOS 1300 d camera, I have taken a number of photographs and now want to transfer them to my computer. I have downloaded the software for the camera but when I try to link up I have a box in top left hand corner stating EOS Utility  below it states “Camera is not recognised”. I click ok and try again but still no success, has anyone any thoughts/suggestions as to how to resolve the problem.

Eddie

Use the USB cable that should have come with the camera.  Using Wi-Fi to transfer is very slow, and wears down your battery, anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

A simple card reader attached to a USB port is a quick and easy way of transferring pictures to your computer.

If transferring from the camera to a PC with a USB cable, make sure WiFi is disabled in the camera.

jessica22ward
Apprentice

I am having the same issue.  Were you able to find a resolution?  

Announcements