cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera busy

R_c_2202
Apprentice
Hi,
I have a canon 4000D EOS. I have been trying to transfer my photos to my camera connect app which before has worked just fine. However this time it doesn’t seem to be working. There is also a red flashing LED light at the bottom right corner of the camera which I believe means the camera is busy.
Can anyone help fix this?
3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What type of memory card are you using?  The use of micro-SD cards with an adapter is not recommended.  The manuals for most Canon DSLRs recommend SD, SDHC, or SDXC cards.  Notice that micro-SD cards are not listed as a recommended type.

Also, I recommend only using cards with a maximum capacity of 32GB, SDHC, with that camera.  Cards with capacities of 64GB or higher, SDXC, are most often UHS-II types, which are not fully compatible with most Canon camera bodies.  You should use UHS-I card types with most Canon cameras. 

As for your immediate problem, I think you should try a new memory card.  Power down the camera   Remove the card from the camera.  Power it up without any card.  Fully press the shutter, and hold it fully pressed for at least 10 seconds.

Power it down, insert a new SDHC card, and try to power it up.  Hopefully, the camera has been reeet from trying to write to the card.  Find the menu option that formats memory cards, and perform a low level format on the new card.  You should always format a new memory card in the camera, prior to first use.

I mostly use Sandisk memory cards.  I buy them from directly reputable vendors, not through Amazon or eBay.  I recommend the Sandisk Extreme 32 GB for your camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"Cards with capacities of 64GB or higher, SDXC, are most often UHS-II types"

That is not correct. SDXC is for capacities greater than 32GB. UHS-II is about write speed.

There are 32GB UHS-II cards and 64GB (and higher) UHS-I cards.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

"Cards with capacities of 64GB or higher, SDXC, are most often UHS-II types"

That is not correct. SDXC is for capacities greater than 32GB. UHS-II is about write speed.

There are 32GB UHS-II cards and 64GB (and higher) UHS-I cards.

What is the difference between "64GB or higher" and "capacities greater than 32GB"?  None.

I understand that the UHS rating has nothing to do with card type or capacity.  Like I said, cards with capacities of 64GB or higher, SDXC, are most often UHS-II types.  Also, cards with capacities of 32GB or lower, SDHC, are most often UHS-I types.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements