cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera autofocus but won’t shoot

Gonzalodqa
Apprentice

Hi guys I’m new to the group and I’m not sure this ishe right place to post this.

i have a cannon eos and lately I’m having some problems with the camera.

what happens is that I aim at something I would like to shoot a picture the camera will focus the object but it won’t shoot. It will focus but not give me the red light blip on the reticule telling me that it’s ready.

is it a problem of my camera, lens or both? 

Mis there a way to fix it? 

Thank you very much for your input

10 REPLIES 10

Auto mode can kill a picture, I found for me shooting in Sports mode helps but you can get more pictures then you want.  Also I found that my hands can change my settings, by simply switching my camera off and on my finger would change the setting from what I wanted to two or 3 selection up or down so when I'd try take a picture I was in the wrong mode.  I'd occassinally have the same problem with my lenses being switch out of auto focus into manual and it would never focus.  I was once furious because I stumbled upon a hawk that had caught a snake and it flew away carrying it and I couldn't get a single picture because my camera and switched to Tv mode, I was cussing my camera that day and complaining why doesn't Canon have a lock so this couldn't happen!!  I go over it eventually.

Announcements