cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANON XSi Won't Recognize Any SD Cards

haileyromero
Apprentice

I ordered a used Canon XSi off of Amazon and got it today. Immediately after opening it, I put a 4gb SDHC in it and I got the message that there wasn't a card. After that, I tried every SD card in my house, including a class 10 card. I formatted them, and reset the camera, but nothing is helping. What could possibly be wrong? I realize that it is a risk buying such an expensive used item, but do I just send it back or should I look for professional help? I don't know what to do, and I am very disappointed.

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi haileyromero!

Thank you for posting about this.  Your EOS Rebel XSi is compatible with 4GB cards, so if it will not detect multiple different cards ranging in capacity and speed rating, then something is wrong with the camera that will need to be corrected by our Factory Service Center.

To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Additionally, you may participate in the Canon Loyalty Program.  The Canon Loyalty Program option allows you to replace your current camera for a discounted fee, plus shipping.  The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided.  

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with online support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements