cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a Used Canon t3i without the CD Software? Future Problems?

tp28004
Apprentice

Hello,

I was wondering if I should buy a used Canon t3i/ 600d in great condition, but without the CD software?

I'm concerned that I won't be able to download the software on the internet since it won't come with any software cd and I don't have any previous canon software on my Macbook Pro.

Can anyone help me on this? I need to know asap!

Also, it's in spanish. How can I change the language on the camera to english without the cd?

Thanks!!

8 REPLIES 8

hsbn
Whiz

You don't need to have the CD to use the camera. To change the language setting you have to change it on the camera (no need of the CD), you can ask the seller change it for you. And about Canon software, you can download it online (google keyword: Install canon software without CD and it will show you a way to do it).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

jquintero61
Apprentice

Yes. You can download all the software from the canon website (http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_rebel_t3i_18_55mm_is_ii_lens... Usually the software on the CD is obsolete (old version)

When installing; the software ask for the serial number at the bottom of the camera.  

You can change the language on the camera menú. The simbol of the spanner with two points. There is alot

of diferents language includinf English.Chech that when you buy the camera.

diverhank
Authority

Most everything can be downloaded from the Canon website:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_re...

The CD itself can also downloaded - Go to Software and select "EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 28.2A for Windows" 

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional_cameras/digital_slr_cameras/eos_1d_...

You should be able to change the language to English by resetting everything back to factory settings.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

tp28004
Apprentice

Thank you! I appreciate the fast help!

Jchafitz
Enthusiast

Thinking out loud here.  If the camera is in excellent shape & the price is right, jump on it.  Love my T3i!  Software, in addition to the manual is mostly image manipulation & organization software.  Manual, can be dowloaded as .PDF from numerous free and paid sites, including Canon.  Manipulation programs are also readily available & the software is also borrowable from fellow Canon owners.  Language changes are done in one of the tools menu.  Easy once you have access to a manual.  Let us know what you decide & good luck. 

Thanks for the response. I can pick up this camera for about $270 US dollars with a canon zoom lens efs 18-55mm.

Sounds like a good deal. Yeah?

The other option is a good Canon 60d, body only, for $680 US dollars.

Which one is better for hd video assuming both are in great condition?

Don't think either offer continuous autofocus in HD video mode.  "Better" HD video is a relative question, as they both I believe use the same sensor.  Correct me if I'm wrong here, guys.  Also, a lot depends on the subjects you shoot, the optics you shoot through.  If you're thi nking some kind of revenue work, 1st thing is to re-think the one lens system.  If it's the kids & the dogs, go T3i & use your savings for another lens.  "What is my next lens?" he asks... Now that's another discusson!

"Sounds like a good deal. Yeah?"

And a better solution to, all the free Canon software, is Photoshop Elements. D/l the owner's manual for free and buy PSE 12.

$270 is a good price depending on the camera so you can put some money in PSE and still have a decent deal.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements