cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Busy message and Missing and distorted Pictures

Smythisis
Apprentice

Hello all,

I took about 200 pics at an event with my T3 last weekend. everything was fine for about 50 pics, I was able to see the preview of each pic at first, then something weired started happening:

1: The camera kept saying busy when I tried to take the next pic 2 or 3 seconds after the previouse one (one shot, not burst)

2: "no preview available" message would pop-up

3: After connecting camera to PC to import picsinto LR, I had over 100 pics that showed the image size, but the image was not there.

4. Some of the pics will show the image at first, but then add a multi-colored box to part of the pic making it useless. I know that the rest of the info for the pic is there because when I first open the pic it shows the whole image with that multi-colored box.

What I have done so far:

- Copied all images off of mem card and formatted card (low level format selected)

- purchased new mem card

- Updated camera firmware from 1.0.5 to 1.0.6

Other info:

- Shooting in RAW

- Samsung 64GB 10 microSD (inside adapter)

- Used this mem card in same camera for about 3 other shoot without a problem

Questions:

Is there a way to retrieve the image of the photos? It shows me the size of the file

Should I be using a FULL size SD card instead of the microSD with adapter

Any help would be appreciated!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Smythisiswrote:

Hello all,

Other info:

- Shooting in RAW

Questions:

Is there a way to retrieve the image of the photos? It shows me the size of the file

Yes, that is your problem.  You should be using full size SD cards,  not microSD cards with adapters.  You should also stick to using SD cards that are 32 GB, or smaller.  Select your cards carefully.  Use cards that are similar to those that were available when your camera was first released.  Some of the newer cards are to advanced for the older technology.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Should I be using a FULL size SD card instead of the microSD with adapter"

The thing about the micro SD is they work..................until they don't !  I would always stick with the SD card your manual recommends.  When you stray from what Canon suggests you run the risk of poor or no performance.

I will guess your shots are toast.  However, some SD manufacturers offer a recovery service so you might contact Samsung.

You might be able to d/l some recovery software and try it yourself.  Good luck.

Stick with what Canon recommends in future.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Smythisiswrote:

Hello all,

Other info:

- Shooting in RAW

Questions:

Yes, that is your problem.  You should be using full size SD cards,  not microSD cards with adapters.  You should also stick to using SD cards that are 32 GB, or smaller.  Select your cards carefully.  Use cards that are similar to those that were available when your camera was first released.  Some of the newer cards are to advanced for the older technology.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Should I be using a FULL size SD card instead of the microSD with adapter"

The thing about the micro SD is they work..................until they don't !  I would always stick with the SD card your manual recommends.  When you stray from what Canon suggests you run the risk of poor or no performance.

I will guess your shots are toast.  However, some SD manufacturers offer a recovery service so you might contact Samsung.

You might be able to d/l some recovery software and try it yourself.  Good luck.

Stick with what Canon recommends in future.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Smythisis
Apprentice
Thank you @waddizzle @ebiggs1
I'll be sure to go out today and get a SD card recommended for my camera.
Announcements