cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Camera?

Demonicwolf22
Apprentice

Alright, so I'm only 16, and I'm still learning things, so excuse me if this problem has a simple solution. I seem to have encountered a problem with my camera. More specifically, the knob that switches the settings. Typically, I use manual, but I would really like to explore the different settings, and can't do so when I can't get the other options. Here's the issue:
-On manual, it's on manual
-On Av, it's on Av
-On Tv, it stays on Av
-P is good
-On A+, it goes to AV
-On no flash, it's on Manual
-Ca and Portrait are good
-Landscape goes to P
-The flower thing goes to video
-Sports is okay
-The next two (A person with a star and video) are both video
So... I no longer have half my settings accessible to me... What do I do?

Also, my camera is a Canon EOS Rebel T5

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

Start by checking your manual. Having never owned one I suspect you've got a setting dialed in which locks out some mode dial settings. The manual should have a page about such settings.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ScottyP
Authority

I was sort of leaning towards broken camera, but Cicopo usually has a good feel for these things.

if it is an accidental setting, save your sanity trying to look for it and reset to defaults in the Menu first.  If that does not do it then try figuring it out in the user manual. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Demonicwolf22,

I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Department for assistance with this.  For contact options, please use this link: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements