cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new T7i Kit LP-E17 -- Bad Battery?

Bjorn_Fjord
Apprentice

I bought a brand new T7i kit today. I have had the LP-E17 battery in the charger for roughly 4 hours and the orange light has never stopped blinking and when I just put it in the camera is shows no charge. 

Should the charge light be blinking on this model like older models or should it be a solid charging light until it switches to green?

I am trying to not return this thing. Any insight will help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bjorn_Fjord
Apprentice

@Bjorn_Fjord wrote:

I bought a brand new T7i kit today. I have had the LP-E17 battery in the charger for roughly 4 hours and the orange light has never stopped blinking and when I just put it in the camera is shows no charge. 

Should the charge light be blinking on this model like older models or should it be a solid charging light until it switches to green?

Looks like it is a case of the charger not likeing the outlet it was plugged into. It was plugged into my desk outlet at work. When I got home I tried plugging in directly to the wall outlet and the charging light went solid and began actually charging. I am guessing my desk outlets at work do some conditioning which caused the issue earlier.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

Well, the battery should charge up from empty to full in 2 hours and the light goes from solid orange to solid green. Take a good look at the contacts on the battery and the ones in the charger to see if they look ok. The thing I would do is contact whoever you bought it from and tell them. A return/exchange is not a happy time for you or them but you do have a valid problem with a brand new product.

Bjorn_Fjord
Apprentice

@Bjorn_Fjord wrote:

Looks like it is a case of the charger not likeing the outlet it was plugged into. It was plugged into my desk outlet at work. When I got home I tried plugging in directly to the wall outlet and the charging light went solid and began actually charging. I am guessing my desk outlets at work do some conditioning which caused the issue earlier.

wow! Good news for you then! That is unusual from a working outlet but in any case, I/we are happy it is not your new system!

Announcements