cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new T6i keep getting a busy sign, won't let me take a picture

missmamab
Contributor

I literally just bought my canon rebel t6i... I'm a complete newb. I've watched the instructional DVD, and set everything up... Charged my battery, have my camera in the AF mode... But everytime I try to take a picture, it just says 'busy' and to press the screen to cancel it... What is going on?! Help!

18 REPLIES 18

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Do you have the USB cable plugged into the computer? Did you put in a new card? Did you format the card in the camera?

do I need the USB plugged into the computer in order to take pictures? the SD card that came with the camera I've put into the camera, and it's not on the 'lock' option. 

Did you buy this as a Kit? Canon no longer supplies SD cards. (I just through away a 16MB card I got with my A400. It fit about 8 of the smallest shots on my XT!)

Wait, what is formatting the card? 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Look in the manual. Much easier than us trying to work you through all the Menu tabs. You should read the first chapter.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ezpop
Rising Star

If you are really too busy to read the manual, ask a friend who has some knowledge of camera or go back to the camera store where you bought the camera and ask for assistance.

Also, ask for a demo in the store and compare. If yours is different, replace it.

missmamab
Contributor
I did buy this as a kit. Believe me. I've read the manual. I've watched the instructional DVD it came with. I've not been able to take one single picture since setting the camera up! I just keep getting a busy signal and then I must press the screen to cancel.

You should call Canon support at 1-800-OK-CANON. They will help you. Not on weekends. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi there!

Actually, John, Rebel Support IS open on the weekends!

And *sometimes* you can buy kits with an SD card (think shopping clubs like Costco, Sams Club and the like). And sometimes the cards that come with the kits aren't put in the kits by Canon, but by the buyers at the shopping club, so they're not always the best quality card - so we suggest trying a different card that you know works - a good name brand card (Sandisk, Lexmark, PNY, Etc.) and make sure it's a class 6 or 10 card - look HERE for information on how to tell what a speed class looks like and what good cards are. 

I hope this helps!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements