cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurred/unfocused pictures

JonathanM
Apprentice

Hi, I take photos that I use for my paintings and the last two shoots I've done, I've ended up with a good bit of blurry photos. It hasn't been that much of a problem in the past. My camera is an Eos rebel xsi. 

I've attached some examples of the blurry ones...IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

11 REPLIES 11

WOW. Didn't notice my mistake & NEVER recommend AI Focus (must have been thinking about the focus point as I typed) AI Servo is what I meant.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Jonathan.

Your samples look completely OOF to me.  Just entirely missed focus point.  If it were me, I would select just the center focus point. Turn all the others off.  As a matter of fact I rarely use anything but the single, center point focus.  Focus on the eye.

Use One Shot, not AI-Servo.

Also it could be camera shake because they look like indoor shots.  This means both you and the camera and the child must be still and steady.  The suggestion of a tripod is a good one. Another option is more light.

Does this camera/lens combo deliver sharp photos when you are outdoors in good daylight?  If it does than what I explained is the problem.  If you never get sharp pictures than you may have faulty equipment.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements