cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurred/unfocused pictures

JonathanM
Apprentice

Hi, I take photos that I use for my paintings and the last two shoots I've done, I've ended up with a good bit of blurry photos. It hasn't been that much of a problem in the past. My camera is an Eos rebel xsi. 

I've attached some examples of the blurry ones...IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

11 REPLIES 11

WOW. Didn't notice my mistake & NEVER recommend AI Focus (must have been thinking about the focus point as I typed) AI Servo is what I meant.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Jonathan.

Your samples look completely OOF to me.  Just entirely missed focus point.  If it were me, I would select just the center focus point. Turn all the others off.  As a matter of fact I rarely use anything but the single, center point focus.  Focus on the eye.

Use One Shot, not AI-Servo.

Also it could be camera shake because they look like indoor shots.  This means both you and the camera and the child must be still and steady.  The suggestion of a tripod is a good one. Another option is more light.

Does this camera/lens combo deliver sharp photos when you are outdoors in good daylight?  If it does than what I explained is the problem.  If you never get sharp pictures than you may have faulty equipment.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements