cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blown out pictures

rql49
Contributor
I have a canon 4ti. When it is in auto mode or any other mode the pictures are over exposed. In the other modes I have to adjust the to have it under exposed by 2 or 3 stops. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I have cleared all the functions.
18 REPLIES 18

rql49
Contributor
So how do i get the pictures to not be washed out.

rql49
Contributor
Still washed out

No photo come out normal, properly exposed?  No, your camera is broken, sorry. Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Call Canon support.  Keep in mind a used "working" T4i is worth about $250.  That does not leave much room for repair if repair is even possible on a T4i.  It may be out of service life.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

rql49
Contributor
Thanks, I figured the camera is broker. I thought i would try and see if i missed something.

@rql49 wrote:
I have a canon 4ti. When it is in auto mode or any other mode the pictures are over exposed. In the other modes I have to adjust the to have it under exposed by 2 or 3 stops. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I have cleared all the functions.

You're not addicted to fill flash, are you? One very effective way to achieve gross overexposure is to use flash in a scene so brightly lit that it needs a shutter speed faster than the sync speed. In such a circumstance, the camera won't use such a speed, even if you tell it to. (At least that's how it worked on an XTi when it happened to me; I've never used a T4i, but I suspect its behavior is the same.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

rql49
Contributor
I just used the live view on the screen and it took a normal picture that wasn't blown out.

So it is the exposure system that is linked to the viewfinder. The camera needs repair.

It would be very bright indeed to prevent a correct exposure. My T6S can reach EV 23 and according to wikipedia, sand and snow in sunlight is EV 14.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements