cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood Moon Fail

axepilot
Contributor

I went out tonight to get some some pics of the Blood Moon Eclipse. It was cool to watch......my photography, however sucked. 

Nature conspired against me - 10 degrees with winds gusting to 40 MPH, and drifting clouds. It was COLD........

I used the 75 / 300 kit lens with a tripod and a remote shutter trigger, manual focus, shutter priority.Live view crushed my night vision, so I t went with the eyepiece, display turned off. My main problem was the moon at near zenith, and my tripod being about a foot shorter than I am.  I had a hard time scrunching under the tripod in screaming winds to try to pull focus. All of my pics are blurred. 

Good lesson, I guess..................I have lots to learn. 

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

I suspect you had a serious challenge with the weather conditions plus fact it's in eclipse vs being lighted. As a FYI this link is to a few other attempts & I expect it will grow. As a second FYI conditions here were full blizzard & extreme cold. No way to see any of it unfold.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1580242/

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I didn't even get to see it. Totally socked in with clouds and winter stormy weather. Oh well there is always 2023.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements