cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black back screen

benbotto
Contributor

Hi, I have just purchased a 75mm-300mm zoom lenze. When I switched to manual settings both on camera and lenze the back screen turned black with nothing showing at all, I took several shots and they all turned black as well. I did remove the lenze cover which would be an obvious error. I have obviously, accidently, done something to make this hapen but I know not what. I am a newby to photography so if anyone can suggest a solution to this problem I will be more than greatful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Mike, I have somehow sorted this problem, I think it was something to do with A.E.B.setting. I canceled this item which was set to take HDR photos and that seems to have done the trick. Mind you I tried so many things it could have been any one of them. I will keep buggering on with the technicalities of photography and hope that I improve before I leave this mortal coil. Thank's once again for all your help.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Wolfie0827
Enthusiast

One last question that may help in troubleshooting the issue. What is the lens youmake Canon,or other, and is it EF-S or EF (assuming one of those since you are able to mount it on the camera.)?

He told us, it is the cheap Canon 75-300 zoom telephoto. Not my first choice, but it should *work*.

Announcements