Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Black Screen, but camera still shoots - Help!

VIP

"ebiggs1, don't know =/"

Did you even try?  What did they say?  If your camera is broken, none of these "shots in the dark", suggestions is going to work.  You need Canon Support.  

EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV, along with less and less other stuff.
New Contributor

Hello,

I got Canon 6D with black screen. I ordered new lcd but no luck. I try to update firmware and screeen work fine. After that same black screen.

Remove back and did cleaning again of all connection but same problem, black screen.

Bought Mini HDMI cable and insert it and what I see, Screen back on and work like charm.

So after all my effort to remove LCD and cleaning, there is very simple solution for black screen try HDMI cable and see what will happened.

Mine work and like to share with community so some one resolve problem too.

New Contributor

This was very helpful thank you
Highlighted
New Contributor

I just tried to use my camera and the same thing happened to me, so I looked on here and didn't find the most useful answers. I noticed that my camera was left on after I switched my images over to my computer the other day. So I resulted back to what I would do to the tv if it didn't work. All I had to do to get my computer to work was turn it all the way off and wait ten seconds after the sensor cleaning screen went away and then I turned it back on and everything worked and my screen showed everything again! Hope this helped you!