cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best camera settings for emailing pics

rmrgdr
Contributor

Bought a new EOSRebelT6, my pics are HUGE! What settings do I change and what is the best for emailing pics!

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Best to use the largest setting and let the computer do the shrinking for email.

What computer and program are you using for email?

And we can't tell you "the best settings for emailing pics" because we have no idea what you want to do with them. Do you know the pixel dimensions of the ones you are emailing now?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@rmrgdr wrote:

Bought a new EOSRebelT6, my pics are HUGE! What settings do I change and what is the best for emailing pics!

Thanks.

There is no one answer to your question.  It would really depend upon your email system, the email system of your recipient, and how many pictures you are trying to send at one time. 

Assuming that both sender and receiver have email systems newer than 2010, then a good maximum size per image would be 5MB, or less.  Use your post processing software to create special email versions of your images.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

rmrgdr,

A ball park suggestion.  Around 800px on the long side and high quality jpg, 500px and medium quality jpg and 300px for a small file.

This one is approx.800px on the long side and high quality jpg.

_52D2463-Edit.jpg

It is around 300KB so a pretty nice size for emailing and still reasonable IQ. It will u/l and d/l quickly for most people.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements