cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery problem when using EOS Utility over time.

Selinmartin
Apprentice
Hello

I have a problem with the battery for my EOS 1100D dying after a few hours of running the live shooting version in EOS Utility ( i use it as a web cam solution when live streaming). I realize that my camera cannot use the USB to charge and connect to Utility at the same time. Is there a way to bypass this without having to disconnect from Utility or using several batteries and switch between them?

Thanks for your help!
7 REPLIES 7

John_B
Rising Star

Hello Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

The EOS 1100D is known in the US by the name Rebel T3. This camera is compatible with the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E10. With the AC Adapter Kit you can power your camera by household power and not have to worry about the remaining battery power.

The operating voltage of the AC Adapter Kit/Compact Power Adapter/Battery Charger is 100V - 240V and conforms with international standards. 

We hope this helps!  

Selinmartin
Apprentice
Well thats not really the issue. I want it to be able to charge while it’s running live shooting mode in EOS Utility connected to my computer with USB

That's not possible, no Canon DSLR will charge via the USB socket and there isn't an option to charge the battery whilst it is in the camera.

Ray-uk wrote:

That's not possible, no Canon DSLR will charge via the USB socket and there isn't an option to charge the battery whilst it is in the camera.

And what difference does it make? Put the camera on the AC adapter and the battery in the charger. Problem solved.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I still need the camera too be hooked up to the computer and connected to EOS Utility at all time. It cannot be disconnected from the PC. That's why im looking for a way to either charge the battery while the camera is connected to the PC or find a way to run the camera on power directly from the computer

Selinmartin wrote:

I still need the camera too be hooked up to the computer and connected to EOS Utility at all time. It cannot be disconnected from the PC. That's why im looking for a way to either charge the battery while the camera is connected to the PC or find a way to run the camera on power directly from the computer

The camera can run on an AC adapter while its battery is being charged. Why would that require it to be disconnected from the PC? To put it another way, the PC has no way of knowing, nor reason to care, that the camera isn't operating on its battery.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You have created a problem where none existed.  Get the AC adapter.  You already have the charger and perhaps buying a second battery could help.  All common gear that most of us have.

You can not ask the camera and battery to do things it was never designed to do.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements