cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery indicator not working properly

rrmraihan
Apprentice

I'm having trouble with my Canon 700D camera. The battery indicator is not working properly. The indicator shows the battery full all the time and when the charge is over the camera goes off directly without any change in percentage. Now I want to know the problem with my camera or Battery? What can I do to solve this problem? Expert people help me please!! 

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are you usiing a OEM Canon battery?

A second battery would likely help.  Start by resetting the camera to defaults.

Now try with a second battery of known good quality.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you very much brother, for replay.  Now i think my battery is not genuine casue it become hit while i charge it and use it. 

7 years old? Time to buy a new battery.

No brother i Brought this camera only 10 day ago from local canon store.

I don't know if this would affect your specific problem, but I seem to remember that with my 60D, somewhere in the menus, there were some settings that allowed you to register your batteries with the camera body. Though it's been a few years since I've bought any new batteries for this camera.

I've registered both Canon and Wasabi batteries with the 60D and the battery meter seems to read properly with all of them. I seldom shoot so much that I need to change batteries in the course of a day's shooting so this might not be the best way to test for a problem like yours. But the Wasabi batteries seem to have the required "chip" to register with my camera. It treats them the same as it does a Canon battery.

Registering the batteries seems to let the camera remember the state of charge for multiple batteries when last used. Maybe inserting an unregistered or "unchipped" non-Canon battery causes some confusion in this feature. Your best bet is to stick with Canon batteries if possible. If you must use an off-brand battery, don't be tempted by low price alone. I've had good luck with 3rd party batteries but I wouldn't consider using one that was 1/4 the price or less than the Canon product.

Thank you very much brother for your kind informations. I will try it

@rrmraihan wrote:

No brother i Brought this camera only 10 day ago from local canon store.

You have an older model.  I suggest that you contact your store about your purchase.  Your camera may not have a warranty.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements