cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery door HELP

Lewisro24
Apprentice

Hi, I have a canon eos 4000d, I just bought a battery grip for it. The instructions don't show how to remove the battery door grip. I'm wondering if you can help. I've tried looking for something to push etc... 

7 REPLIES 7

Ray-uk
Whiz

Can't say exactly for the 4000D but normally there is a small plastic piece on the inside of the hinge that you lift with your fingernail, once you have got the door off it can usually be stored in a recess of the grip.

Did the grip not come with instructions ?

I can't see any small plastic parts inside the battery door, the instructions just show how to place it nothing about removing the battery door. 

@Lewisro24 wrote:

I can't see any small plastic parts inside the battery door, the instructions just show how to place it nothing about removing the battery door. 

Did the grip come with instructions?  Look at the “hinge” on the battery door.  Do you see a spring?  Cameras that can use a grip have a spring on the battery door hinge.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Porcha
Rising Star

Hello Lewisro24,

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA! We recommend getting in touch with our friendly support team for this in-depth issue. Support can be reached at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 8am to Midnight or Saturdays from 10am to 8pm (ET).

If you're outside the US, you'll want to reach out to Canon in your country. You'll find contact information at http://global.canon/en/support/

The 4000D is not designed to have a Canon battery grip and Canon does not make the battery door easily removable like on other higher end cameras. 

Your 3rd party battery grip instructions should tell you how to get the door off, but if they don’t, these instructions may help.

29B20468-56B6-4989-99E8-3A71AB7BEE15.jpeg

6E9CA5DA-8C15-4D02-B767-C1679F04F647.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

mattventer254
Apprentice
Lewisro24 did you manage to get the cover off and does the grip fit well? Which model grip did you use on the 4000d? So far I can see the 1300d fits but no one in south africa can confirm that. I dont know if they really want to help.

This is a very old thread.  But if anyone is considering a battery grip, do not use third party grips. Buy a genuine Canon grip. If Canon does not have one for your camera, it is not designed to work with a grip. Bad idea.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements