cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Door Micro Switch Broken

TLicata
Apprentice

My daughter's T3 read "write protect switch set to lock". I mistook the battery door microswitch for the write protect and moved it to the right. Now it is very loose in there. Somehow the tab on the battery door is still engaging with something in micro switch slot so the camera still works.  If and when the camera fails due to my stupidity is there a way to disable the micro switch altogether?

PS I have since learned where the write protect switch actually is, on the card and not on the camera.

Tony Licata

2 REPLIES 2

Skirball
Authority

@TLicata wrote:

If and when the camera fails due to my stupidity is there a way to disable the micro switch altogether?

THere's not an official user setting that can disable the micro switch.  From an electronics standpoint all you have to do is close the circuit.  But that would most likely require taking the body apart, unless you're able to see the wires from the card compartment.  I would give it a go if I had to, but I realize that's not for everyone.  Sending it in to Canon will cost more than the camera is worth.

TLicata
Apprentice
Yeah figured as much thanks.
Announcements