cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Compartment clip broken

un_ave
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a grey Rebel XTi body and the small clip that locks the battery compartment door fell off and I can't find it. The door still closes but it doesn't lock so I have to hold it in place with my fingers in order to take pics otherwise it will complain that the compartment door is opened. 

Is it possible to get a clip/latch replacement or a new compartment door?

Thanks,

Hugo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You could try US Camera as well.

Search "Canon CG2-1880 Battery Cover"

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

You can buy a replacement battery door on eBay and elsewhere for about $10. The spring loaded hinge pin makes it very easy to change. 

eBay XTi battery door 

5B08228E-FBBB-430B-93D5-C6082904A434.jpeg

8B413DB1-6E4C-4053-AAA1-6C6A89426D44.jpeg

8650586D-9D9C-46F2-8BE1-3D4B6BB68AAE.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Thanks Mike....after I posted it I was able to enter the right combination of keywords and found a couple of replacement doors on eBay. I'm still trying to find a silver door...so far I can only find black doors 😞

You could try US Camera as well.

Search "Canon CG2-1880 Battery Cover"

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks John!  That appears to be the one I need 🙂

@un_ave wrote:

Thanks Mike....after I posted it I was able to enter the right combination of keywords and found a couple of replacement doors on eBay. I'm still trying to find a silver door...so far I can only find black doors 😞

Back in the day, I bought my wife a silver XTi, so that we could tell it from my black one. But I don't think either camera cared what color door it had.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"...I don't think either camera cared what color door it had."

Did you confirm that? Smiley LOL

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"...I don't think either camera cared what color door it had."

Did you confirm that? Smiley LOL

No, I have to confess that I'm largely guessing. Neither camera was very talkative. Actually, the lens pointed away from the door, so there was no easy way for the camera to know what color it was.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Leticia23
Apprentice

Finding a replacement for a battery cover can be a real nightmare. Most of the time you have to buy a whole new device, and if you can find the spare part, it is usually expensive and it takes forever to be delivered visit official site

If the part can't be ordered directly from Canon US Camera is a good source of replacement parts.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements