cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad image after taking a picture

tlshoaf72
Contributor

Occasionaly when taking pictures, the result is like a psychadelic image or similar to a negative. How do I fix this or should I return my camera for another one?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Mykolas
Authority

tlshoaf72,

Do you have a sample image you can upload for us to see?  If so, please upload it so we can see exactly what it looks like.  This will help us determine what may be causing this or if there is something wrong with the camera.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Thank you for all your assistance.  I have e-mailed Canon support.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Are you talking about what you see on the camera's screen, or did you actually upload the images and look at them with a computer? Depending on your camera's settings, the screen may show you false colors or a partially blinking image to warn you of problems like blown highlights or impenetrable shadows. Are you sure that's not what you're seeing?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

This is the result of taking a picture, when I go back and review the pictures taken, some will show fine and others will have the psychadelic/negative effect.  I didn't change any settings.

Crista
Whiz

Hi tlshoaf72!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model camera you have. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Canon EOS Rebel T3i

Mykolas
Authority

tlshoaf72,

I think what Bob said is probably right in this case.  When an image is taken and the camera detects areas where the highlights are overexposed and blown-out, those areas will flash between normal and what looks like a negative of that.  This feature is called Highlight alert.  It is to let you know those areas are too bright so you can try shooting again or apply negative exposure compensation if you want to.  I still want to verify this is indeed the case though.

When you take an image that is darker or in a darker location, do you no longer see the "negative effect" when reviewing the image?

If you download and image with this effect to your computer and view it, does it show on your computer just as it does on the camera's LCD?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,

It has happened both indoors under low lighting and outdoors on a sunny day.

Mykolas
Authority

tlshoaf72,

Do you have a sample image you can upload for us to see?  If so, please upload it so we can see exactly what it looks like.  This will help us determine what may be causing this or if there is something wrong with the camera.

Your site will not allow me to upload the pictures.  I keep getting the error code 'Upload Failed'.  Any other suggestions?

Announcements