Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Auto focus not working in creative modes

I am using EOS 600D for the past three years. I was and I am not able to autofocus in creative modes. I was actually thinking that there is no autofocus facility in creative modes. Only when I attended a workshop in Chennai yesterday, I came to know autofocus facility is available in creative modes too.  I tried with three lenses and in all cases autofocus not working in creative modes only. In basic mode it is working ok. I browsed through the forum and found RESET to be done. How a reset is to be done? Someone please explain. I do not find any firmware update for 600D.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Auto focus not working in creative modes

There is a menu option in one of the wrench menus to reset the camera.

Highlighted
VIP

@kvbarkley wrote:

There is a menu option in one of the wrench menus to reset the camera.

The menu can be found here, as shown in the 600D Instruction Manual.

Rebel_T3i_CameraReset.PNG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you Mr. I did a reset as per your guidance and now AF is working in Creative modes also. Thank You.