cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are T6s/760D RAW files supported in Windows 10?

Takaji
Apprentice

I've noticed that RAW files from my old Rebel XS are supported by Windows 10 in that I can see thumbnail previews and read the EXIF data through Windows Explorer. But I can't do this with my T6s/760D RAW files - they don't show a thumbnail, don't show EXIF data, and also don't open in the Photos app or Photo Viewer. They do work fine in Adobe Bridge, however.

Is it a case of the camera being too new to be included in camera raw support in Windows 10? Perhaps we might see a patch for this soon?

7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You need to update the Windows codecs.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Can you give more information? Which Windows codecs? AFAIK, there's no "codecs" available for Windows 10 since it's a built-in functionality now...

Do a search. There might not be one yet.

Plus this is just a guess but my older cameras work fine with Win 10.

EB

No, there isn't one. There probably never will be one either, since support for RAW files has now been integrated into Windows 10.

You shouldn't just assume that because codecs were released for Windows 7 and earlier that the same thing would apply to my different problem on Windows 10...

Maybe a few are but they can't possibly have new and more recent cameras in Win 10 with out updates.  All RAW files are different. They are not the same.  Even Adobe has just released preliminary RAW update for the T6i.

EB

I appreciate the information, but I'm aware of all of what you said. Indeed, Adobe's Camera Raw only recently added support for this model of camera.

Specifically, my question was that hopefully someone knew if Microsoft had a list of supported RAW formats/cameras for Windows 10. I'll direct my question to Microsoft.

Smiley Happy

EB
Announcements