cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know about Maximum burst

T5i
Apprentice

The Maximimum Burst indicator digit that I can see through the viewfinder, bottom right hand corner, is always set at 3. I know that the maximum burst of a canon T5i is at least 9!! Is this a technical fault? There is no menu feature to adjust this setting and nothing is indicated in the manual or on the internet. Could anyone shed some light into this.

4 REPLIES 4

hsbn
Whiz

In the viewfinder, the number your describing is the number of shots countdown before the buffer is full. On most camera, it's only a single digit thus maximum is 9. Some higher end camera has 2 digits. And the number display could be affect by your image setting (RAW vs. JPG). The T5i can hold around 22JPG and 6 RAW image in their buffer. If you shoot RAW + JPG, you will see only 3.

You can read more here from Canon site: http://learn.usa.canon.com/resources/articles/2012/eos_understanding_burst_rates.shtml?categoryId=12...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Tks for yr reply and insight. In fact am questioning this because my view finder should display 9, I set my Rebel T5i to take JPG only. I understand there can only be one digit on display. My camera is taking continuous shots very slowly  and should not be displaying 3 for Max bursts. I asked the instructor to help me solve the problem and she mentioned possibility of flashcard but then we carried on with lesson. This is quite frustrating and want to get down to the problem before my guarantee expires. I called a photoclinic recommended by school and they cut me short saying they only fix older models! Managed to get through to Canon Customer care last night and the guy on call told me the problem is probably the flashcard.The one I have in camera is a Sandisk 30MB/s". The guy at canon said it has to be at least 40MB/s"! Switched to a 40MB/s" card I had at home and display still denoting 3. Maybe it must be hishgt than 40MB/s" Will go buy new sandisk memory card. Looking at Extreme 45MB/s or possibly Extreme Pro 95MB/s seeing I eventually want to shoot Raw. Hope this is really the problem. Thanks for the link, am looking into it.

Just read the link you forwarded! My camera sounds slowed down at the onset of taking continuous shots just like the end of the demonstration videos!

Thought I'd let you know that the only way that got my Max Burst number to 9 was to reset my camera to factory settings. Even the rep at canon customer service could not understand why Max Burst was showing 3 although I bought a class 10 Extreme Pro Sandisk 80MB/s memory card and my camera was set to take JPG only. The rep even asked me to enable Long exposure noise reduction to see if that is what cause the change but it was not! It remains a mystery till this day but I guess what is important is that now my camera is finally working to its full portential.

Announcements