cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone experience a slightly faster video playback on the T4i? Not sure if it's Quicktime or ?

jonsaki
Apprentice

Anyone experience a slightly faster video playback on the T4i?  Not sure if it's Quicktime or a setting or lense.  The quality is great, but the speed is only a fraction of a second faster.  Most of my recordings are of dance routines and I can see a little difference but it is very minor but I would like to correct that if possible.  

4 REPLIES 4

JonKline
Enthusiast

You mean when you're playing them back on the camera or in the computer?

This sounds like it could be a drop-frame issue, if you're talking about really long clips.

When I playback on the computer.  I copy them over from the media card and play using Quicktime.  The videos appear to be just a little faster than 1x speed.  I double check the playback on the camera and it seems to be correct in speed.  Am I doing something wrong in the transfer method?  Is it my media card?  Or the media software? 

My usual clip is about 3-4 minutes long.  I was going to experiment with my video settings.  Is there a setting that would be ideal for a sport like basket ball?  

That definitely doesn't make much sense. The frame rate is "baked in" to the video file, so it's not related to how you transfer the files. If there's an issue, it's definitely on the computer/media player side, not the camera or your workflow.

Usually for sports, you want to use a high frame rate mode, like 720p60.

I've experimented with a few settings and the one you recommended works great.  I believe that was my issue, the video setting.  All is good now.  I appreciate your help!

Announcements