cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All my photos are black!!!!

kiya60
Contributor

Got my camera the Canon 1000D/Rebel back today, it was fitted with a new circuit board & serviced.

Everything is working but all my photos are black, when I go to playback each one is black, inserted card to upload to computer & the same, each one black..........What is wrong ????

9 REPLIES 9

Skirball
Authority

What shooting mode are you in?  Maybe you're in manual and have the exposure far too low?  I'm assuming you can see through the viewfinder (i.e. the lens cap isn't on)?

I've tried different modes, manual & auto.....exposure ok & cap off.

ScottyP
Authority
What about resetting all our settings to default in Menu? Maybe the service guy left it on some weird setting with negative exposure comp or something similar but more obscure. Hard to believe they'd not have noticed it was not recording an image in their post-repair testing.

Also, reformat the card?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

I did re set it to the way I had it before....date/time etc etc etc  Smiley Sad

Hi,

Not that.
Go into Menu and look thru all the colored tabs until you find the one thing that says something like "clear Settings" or Reset Settings" (I don't have a camera with me and brain is not working at 5:20 am). It will clear out any weird settings the repair tech might have put on the camera during repair or testing.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Yes , I did find "clear settings" under one of the tabs but still everything black

I've been back in touch with Jessops this morning & they will have a look at it, if still problems it will be sent back to Canon

If it's not something obvious, like the lens cap is on or you're on a very very fast manual setting, then it's something internal that they need to look at.  Not very encouraging that they "repaired" your camera and didn't QC it before sending it back.

I agree,will wait & see now what Jessops think tomorrow.

Went to Jessops on Friday past, not much help there so they have sent it back to Canon again.  I hope not for another 5 1/2 weeks!!

Announcements