cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accurate megapixels?

snmsantosh
Contributor
Do canon t6i have 24.2 accurate megapixels?
7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What do you mean by accurate?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

snmsantosh
Contributor
I have two camera canon t5 18 megapixel and canon t6i 24.2 megapixel but both camera's photos are same looklike same
24.2 megapixel means it need to have better quality right? Or something else

"... two camera canon t5 18 megapixel and canon t6i 24.2 megapixel but both camera's photos are same ..."

You mean they look the same on your computer monitor?  Right?  So you think the 8mp increase is not worth it because they do look similar? With most modern DSLR cameras you need to get to pixel level to really see the difference.  In other words you need a 100% enlargement of you comparisons.

And that is precisely what the increase will give you.  The ability to crop further.  At normal viewing it may be difficult to see but enlarged it will be easy.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@snmsantosh wrote:
I have two camera canon t5 18 megapixel and canon t6i 24.2 megapixel but both camera's photos are same looklike same
24.2 megapixel means it need to have better quality right? Or something else

Generally all you need is 8-12 megapixels after cropping, everything else is just marketing. 

Agree. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
It depends on what you are doing with your images. What size are you printing?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Look at the information or properties for one of your image files and find the pixel dimensions for width and height of the image. Multiply the width by the height and this is the total number of pixels in the image. 1600x1200=1,920,000 pixels or 1.92 MP. 5184x3456=17,915,904 pixels, rounded up to a nice even 18MP.

Announcements