cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A upgrade from the canon eos rebel t2i

Anya
Apprentice
I have had it for 2 years and I love it but I want another one as a upgrade but Idk what would be best for what I'm looking for. I want a camera that has slightly but a high difference in quality I feel the t2i has good quality but is still lacking and a camera good with long lens so I can take photos from great distance but still be good quality. I use long lens on the t2i but it doesn't get the look I want. And one that is good with motion of like dogs running. I'm sorry if my description is bad but I can answer anything if I left something out. Price would have to be less than $1000
8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What "long" lens do you have? It is much more likely that the lens is the factor there rather than the camera.

Anya
Apprentice
I use telephoto zoom lens

Exactly what telephoto lens? There are a lot of them & the cheaper ones hurt image quality no matter how good a camera they are mounted on. The lens is the more important part of the system followed by the photographers skill set.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Before you start looking for a new body, what lenses do you have?  What are you doing with your images - wall size prints or posting to the Internet? What lighting conditions are you generally shooting under - daylight or indoors? Are you trying to capture a single shot of the dog running or continuous shooting multiple shots.

Here's a comparison list between your camera and a $750 current model (T7i):

http://www.imaging-resource.com/cameras/canon/t2i/vs/canon/t7i/

As you would expect, the T7i is an improvement over your camera, but depending on your use case the improvments may not be significant.

wall size prints or posting to the Internet - 18MP is more than adequate for web use

daylight or indoors - for daylight use ISO 400 is a reasonable maximim setting

single shot or continuous - for single shot in daylight you could set 1/1600 shutter speed f/8 aperture and ISO 400 and stop action.

Its also likely that if your lenses aren't of sufficient quality a new camera could make things worse as far as your photos go.

Give us alittle more info on your gear and intended uses.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Anya
Apprentice
Canon zoom lens ef-s 55-250mmm and I have another one I borrow idk what the details on it but it's a zoom lens too, I take photos of animals mostly horses, cows, dogs, cats and all that and sometimes of nature. I cant get good quality when theyre I'm motion and I've seen other cameras do better so I wanted to know what camera is good with those type lens and motion plus with quality of photo. I post online and I was thinking or framing a few soon.

Can you post a sample along with shooting info? What mode are you in when you are shooting? Is quality acceptable to you when you shoot still sublects?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

It's very likely you are NOT using the camera correctly for the venue. There are specific changes to settings when shooting things in motion & your camera can shoot action.  

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Take a quick look at this for now (but later try to learn what it's telling us) to see why we think your camera is OK to use for what you want to photograph.

http://www.canonoutsideofauto.ca/

Announcements