cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

800D won't turn on

Tp1919
Apprentice

My new 800D won’t turn on. 
never dropped it has no damage on it, used it only a few times, only thing is that is a full spectrum astro-modified camera.

After i turned the camera on it said that it could not perform sensor cleaning so i had to turn it off and on again.

So when i turned it on for the second time the camera did not turn on nor the small red LED turned on. The only thing is that sometimes when i press for 2-3 seconds the shutter button, it shows “Err” in the viewpiece and yet nothing on the LCD.

it also shows the iso in the viewpiece next to “Err”but that’s it nothing else happens. The batteries are both canon originals and fully charged.

I tried removing the battery, lens and sd card and put them onn again after 1 night. Nothing happened.

What shouldi do? I am currently in iran and theere are no official canon stores in here and i really can't understand where is the problem with my camera.

Thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum. 

Sorry to hear about your problem. 

One possibility is that something went awry with the sensor modification. Perhaps a connection has failed. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...only thing is that is a full spectrum astro-modified camera."

Big chance someone botched doing this. I doubt Canon will touch a modified camera. Go back to the person that did the mod.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements