WimVanCraen
Contributor

I have a 750D where I:

• Have exposure time on 10"
  • f8.0
  • ISO 100
  • shoot RAW
  • set manual focus
  • don't want to see the picture afterwards (is turned off)
  • set noise compensations OFF
  • set it to continuous shooting
  • disable lens corrections
  • use a Sandisk Extreme PRO SD card - 32 GB - 95 MB/s transfer - SD HC I - class 10

(I think those are the important ones, let me know if you need more)

So, I want to take pictures continuously with a longer exposure time: 10" exposure - done - take another image with 10" - ...

But what I experience is that between ending picture a and starting taking picture b, there is a delay of 1-2s. And I don't want it. It should immidiatly start taking the next picture.

I've tried many things already. Directly on the Canon, use a remote controle, use apps (Andriod & PC), put it in capturing JPEG, reformat the SD card, ... Nothing is fixing the issue.

FW is up to date.

Anyone who has a clue how I could fix this?

If you have questions or suggestions, please put them here in the topic.

-----------------

For your information: I need this for making star trail photos: Link to google images 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"Yes, the LED is lit the whole time."

There is nothing wrong with your camera.  Every DSLR camera body does what you are experiencing.  You need to revise your expectations downward.  That is my advice.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I forget the actual setting, but you may have dark frame noise compensation turned on.

Both "Long exposure noise reduction" and "High ISO speed noise reduction"

Ow, and the "anti-flicker shoot." also

See menu below, but all are OFF

The icon for High ISO speed NR does not indicate OFF.

Annotation 2020-02-20 153902.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@ Do you mean in my image?

If yes: yes indeed, but that is just a internet image 🙂 on my camera it is OFF

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
”But what I experience is that between ending picture a and starting taking picture b, there is a delay of 1-2s.”

A delay of 1-2 seconds is not very much at all. Does the memory card LED light up after each capture? It should.

If you are in continuous shooting mode, how are triggering the shutter? Are you using Live View mode? Shutter lockup?

1s is too much it you want to take star trail pictures.

Yes, the LED is lit the whole time.

I'm trigger the shutter with my remote controller, who is continuously triggering the camera. So the input of the remote control is triggered the whole time, and because of the "continuous shooting", the picture is taking continuously

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor canon continuous shooting

No live view mode. 

No shutter lockup

As for example, I've did some lightpainting taking 2 images of 10". Moving the light in a smooth way, still not too fast.

Adding the 2 images (Ps - "Lightnen" layers), it's resulting in this image below.

You see clearly the interruption in the light in the middle

IMG_7402b.jpg

"Yes, the LED is lit the whole time."

There is nothing wrong with your camera.  Every DSLR camera body does what you are experiencing.  You need to revise your expectations downward.  That is my advice.

"There is nothing wrong with your camera. Every DSLR camera body does what you are experiencing. You need to revise your expectations downward. That is my advice."

I've seen Nikon cameras where this wasn't an issue. There was no delay there... Smiley Indifferent

@WimVanCraen wrote:

"There is nothing wrong with your camera. Every DSLR camera body does what you are experiencing. You need to revise your expectations downward. That is my advice."

I've seen Nikon cameras where this wasn't an issue. There was no delay there... Smiley Indifferent

What model Nikon?  

I have serious doubts about your claim.  Every DSLR made does it.  It is called mirror slap.  Your camera cannot move the mirror faster than 5 cycles per second, which is the frame rate  

But, your issue is with the camera is writing to the card for an extended period of time between frames.

Announcements