cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

750D LCD Screen will not work in Creative Zone

Waterfordman
Apprentice

Hi

I am unable to get into any menu functions as my LCD Display will not work in the Creative Zone, it works fine everywhere else.

Can anyone suggest anything? Am I missing something here as it works in all other modes just fine.

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Try pressing the Info button.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Doesn't make a difference, investigating further its as if  M AV TV and P are switched off as can't take photos in those modes either, all others work fine.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Try resetting all camera settings in the Menu.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I've tried that too, still will not work in those modes. It's as if they have been shut down or locked out

If you have a Canon support line in your country give them a call.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Ordinarily if the camera is one of the creative modes then pressing either Menu or Info should cause the display to respond (assuming camera is powered on).

This makes me wonder if there isn't an issue with the mode dial.  It's rare, but I think we've had threads where the mode dial shows the camera is in one mode and it's really in another mode so the camera isn't responding as expected.

In any case, if you're sure the mode dial points to a creative zone mode (P, Av, Tv, or M) and your display is dark, and pressing the "info" button doesn't cycle it through modes of different display options (one of those options is to remain dark... but just pressing "info" should advance it to the next display choice) and "menu" also doesn't respond... then something is wrong with the camera.

You should definitely get in contact with Canon service.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Thanks, Ive only had it since Saturday. I am taking it back tomorrow. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something obvious that I'd missed before I travel across London to return it.

Announcements