12-01-2015 04:29 AM
I have recently bought a Canon 700D/t5i with the intention of shooting both photo and film. However, after clicking record a blue bar on the screen reaches the end within 3/4 seconds and video stops recording. The resulting clip is not bad quality, in fact what I would have expected, but of course I'd like to record more than 3/4 seconds of film!
Before commenting on the speed of the SD card, I have a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64gb card (Class 10) that supposedly writes at 90mb. What do you think this problem could be? I have seen in a few other related posts that perhaps the 64gb size could be an issue?
Thanks in advance!
12-01-2015 11:56 AM
On my T5i the blue bar only shows during playback of a recorded video.
1. Move OFF/ON switch to movie camera icon.
2. Press shutter button; should have image on LCD
3. Press camera icon button at top right of LCD. It has a red dot, symbolizing Record.
4. Recording should start and a timer at top center of LCD should start counting (00:00 and upwards)
5. Press red dot icon to stop recording.
01-30-2017 12:50 PM
I called Canon support.The guy had me reformat my card, and now it works. I hope it doesn't happen again, though. I was supposed to shoot a fashion show when it suddenly started doing the 4 second video b.s. I had shot several photos and then the video right at the moment when the models came out, and it started doing that 4 second **bleep**e.