Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

700D/t5i video stops recording after 3/4 seconds!

I have recently bought a Canon 700D/t5i with the intention of shooting both photo and film. However, after clicking record a blue bar on the screen reaches the end within 3/4 seconds and video stops recording. The resulting clip is not bad quality, in fact what I would have expected, but of course I'd like to record more than 3/4 seconds of film!

Before commenting on the speed of the SD card, I have a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64gb card (Class 10) that supposedly writes at 90mb. What do you think this problem could be? I have seen in a few other related posts that perhaps the 64gb size could be an issue?

Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: 700D/t5i video stops recording after 3/4 seconds!

On my T5i the blue bar only shows during playback of a recorded video.

1. Move OFF/ON switch to movie camera icon.

2. Press shutter button; should have image on LCD

3. Press camera icon button at top right of LCD. It has a red dot, symbolizing Record.

4. Recording should start and a timer at top center of LCD should start counting (00:00 and upwards)

5. Press red dot icon to stop recording.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X, Rebel T5i, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, MX472, LRCC Classic
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: 700D/t5i video stops recording after 3/4 seconds!

I called Canon support.The guy had me reformat my card, and now it works.  I hope it doesn't happen again, though.  I was supposed to shoot a fashion show when it suddenly started doing the 4 second video b.s.  I had shot several photos and then the video right at the moment when the models came out, and it started doing that 4 second **bleep**e.