cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700D Screen not working properly

PhineasGage
Apprentice

I've been having trouble with my 700D camera screen for some time, and suspect it may be an internal electronic problem but thought I'd check here first.

When the camera is turned off, the screen lights up very slightly, but no information is displayed most of the time, and if it does display anthing, it is usually very dark and may even flicker sometimes. The screen turns off properly if the viewfinder is used, and pressing "info" has not made any difference with regards to the screen getting brighter or clearer. 

This happened very suddenly after a trip where is was used quite extensively, but it was put away fine and when it was used again a few months later on another trip, the screen was no longer working properly. 

Any suggestions/help would be gratefully received.

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Any suggestions/help would be gratefully received."

Call Canon support at1 (800) 652-2666.  You need to have it repaired.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@PhineasGage wrote:

I've been having trouble with my 700D camera screen for some time, and suspect it may be an internal electronic problem but thought I'd check here first.

When the camera is turned off, the screen lights up very slightly, but no information is displayed most of the time, and if it does display anthing, it is usually very dark and may even flicker sometimes. The screen turns off properly if the viewfinder is used, and pressing "info" has not made any difference with regards to the screen getting brighter or clearer. 

This happened very suddenly after a trip where is was used quite extensively, but it was put away fine and when it was used again a few months later on another trip, the screen was no longer working properly. 

Any suggestions/help would be gratefully received.

It seems counterintuitive, but the behavior you describe is not rare. When something goes wrong with an electronic device (such as overheating from heavy use), the problem often manifests itself the next time the device is turned on. It's because that's when the device's components (capacitors, diodes, etc.) are under greatest stress.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements