cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

650d touch screen

Pickled
Apprentice

I have recently brought a 650d in March a great camera, but now the touch screen flashes on and off has anybody else had this problem.

2 REPLIES 2

hcbph
Enthusiast

Yes I have seen this.  In my case (strange as it sounds), it's the lense.  I'm switching from Film to Digital and taking a photography class so I"ve been doing some experimentation using some of my existing equipment also.  I've tested using some FD lens with FD to EOS adapters, extension tubes etc to see what each would do on my T4i.

I have found if I use a 50mm FD lens, a FD to EOS adapter and a 25mm extension tube together and try setting the screen with the camera in normal postion, I can get that to happen.  Switch to the kit lens and it goes away, drop the lens down, and it goes away.

I suspect in my case it has to do something with the camera body to lens contacts but I'm not sure.  Some times experimentation is good.

Good luck

Stephen

Hi Pickeled!
Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry! We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for the US market. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs. Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Announcements