cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

430 EXII and Rebel T7?

JLS70
Apprentice

Hello group.

Years back, when all we had was film, I owned a nice camera that I later sold because I stopped using it. 3 kids, and a steady job cuts into your free time for photography. Now I've retired and want to get back into photography. I purchased a Rebel T7 kit with telephoto lenses as a starter rig.

The subject says it all. I purchased an EL-100 from Amazon only because it said the flash would work with the Rebel T7. I'd much rather have the 430 for the better features if I know it will work with my camera.

Thanks ahead of time.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

The Canon 430EX II is an excellent flash and is fully compatible with your EOS Rebel T7.  I would avoid the older 430EX (version "I") because  it is not compatible with your camera's built in flash menu. The flash menu can make things much easier, especially if you are new flash user. 

8717812F-2C67-4723-98C2-CEF52F30C746.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

The Canon 430EX II is an excellent flash and is fully compatible with your EOS Rebel T7.  I would avoid the older 430EX (version "I") because  it is not compatible with your camera's built in flash menu. The flash menu can make things much easier, especially if you are new flash user. 

8717812F-2C67-4723-98C2-CEF52F30C746.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Thank you Sir. That's what I needed to know
Announcements