cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 minute limit. T7.

BARRIIICADEttv
Contributor

Hello everyone!, i'm new here but i'll make this as simple as possible.

Has anyone had luck with any workaround for the auto shutoff "tax" feature in their EOS cameras?.

I've been looking everywhere for anything to help avert this issue as i originally bought my T7 to operate as my primary camera for streaming.

I know a lot of you will say "This is not a web camera" and such, however there is no reason not to try to improve quality for a persons content.

Magic Lantern is not working on anything T7 related so that is off the table. If anyone has ANY idea how to get the camera to last longer than 30 minutes i would LOVE to hear your workaround.

Perhaps there is a custom firmware out there somewhere?.

15 REPLIES 15

Stephen

Hello!

Check out canon.us/livestream

OK.

Is there a way to do it with more than 4 fps?.

I would really enjoy using my Cam Link.

The EOS Webcam Utility Software streams at the highest bitrate and resolution available at the time it's recording. It should be significantly more than 4fps, unless your USB cable or your PC can't handle the feed.

If you want to use clean HDMI out for production level streaming, you'll need a camera that has clean HDMI out. The entry-level Rebel T7 does not have clean HDMI out. You'll find all of the models that do have clean HDMI out at canon.us/livestream

If you're streaming, you do not need to record at the same time. You can put the camera in any mode and use Live View (the LCD screen). The HDMI will show everything that is on the LCD panel. 

this camera has a clean HDMI output.

Evvveerryyy now and again it will try to track my face with the little white box but it's easily fixed by mounting the camera upside down and adjusting it in OBS.

Now i suppose i could try to test and see if it shuts off while having the EOS webcam utility running behind the Elgato scene in OBS.

Using high bandwidth USB cables into 3.0 plugs. Shouldn't have any bandwidth issues. But the EOS Webcam software really can't (YET) run any higher than 15fps in most cases. i was being cheeky when i said 4fps.

@BARRIIICADEttv wrote:

this camera has a clean HDMI output.

Evvveerryyy now and again it will try to track my face with the little white box but it's easily fixed by mounting the camera upside down and adjusting it in OBS.

Now i suppose i could try to test and see if it shuts off while having the EOS webcam utility running behind the Elgato scene in OBS.

Using high bandwidth USB cables into 3.0 plugs. Shouldn't have any bandwidth issues. But the EOS Webcam software really can't (YET) run any higher than 15fps in most cases. i was being cheeky when i said 4fps.

Follow the Moderator's advice.  Your observations are tainted with optimism.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Tainted with optimism?.

I'm struggling to be optipistic about this camera tbh. About to chuck it out a window and buy a Sony A6100.

If only it was stated in the information area that this camera has some pretty hard limitations -_-

@BARRIIICADEttv wrote:

Tainted with optimism?.

I'm struggling to be optipistic about this camera tbh. About to chuck it out a window and buy a Sony A6100.

If only it was stated in the information area that this camera has some pretty hard limitations -_-

Yes, tainted with optimism sounds better that you are mistaken.  Did you see the link the Moderator provided.  Your camera does not have a clean HDMI.  There is a list of Canon consumer products that have clean HDMI output.

D17AE498-BE22-486D-A6CD-64D7C6761D40.jpeg

The Rebel T7 is not listed as having clean HDMI output.  It is one the least expensive DSLRs that Canon sells.  You are not going to get high end performance and features from an entry level camera.  

11.jpg

Looks pretty clean to me. Maybe i'm just old.

It may be an entry level device?, but it is LEAPS ahead in quality compared to your standard webcam these days.

It's even better looking now that i have the lighting setup better. The only thing holding the camera back really is the 30 minute "taxes" limit. As soon as there is a firmware update or custom firmware out?, i'll be jumping all over it.

I do love the photo quality however!, i took some really great pictures yesterday just before a thunderstorm. They turned out pretty nice!.

PSST.  Cameras that support clean HDMI do not have a 30 minute limit.  Do not expect a firmware update from Canon.  

Announcements