cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1300d

soph26
Apprentice
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help, i was taking some pictures the other day but didn't have my sd card in and on my old camera you could just plug the camera into the laptop and take them off that way but it doesn't seem to work like that on this camera. Does anyone know of a way to do this or is it not possible at all.
3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

No, the camera has no internal storage.That is why you usually want to set the option to not let it take a picture with no card.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You need to have some kind of tethering software. I use Lightroom. You got EOSU free with your T6i. If you don't have it you can d/l it from Canon web site. I really don't use EOSU very much but I suspect it can do what you want. LR certainly does.

But the big question why not just go buy a new SD card and shoot like normal? Just curious but what camera did you have that would do that ?  Without additional software I mean.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings...

The camera (1300D) does not have any internal memory.  No SD card means no images were captured.  

**EDIT

and...  already been said above....  but I didn't see them before replying as this was the last thread I opened before brewing coffee.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements