cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

101HPAIO- can't get photos off memory card

rachey07
Apprentice

I've done a lot of research and can't seem to solve this issue. I have a new Rebel T5i and just got a brand new, 64gig memory card for it. After taking close to 700 photos on it, the camera seems to have automatically started putting recent photos into a new folder: 101HPAIO (instead of the usual 100CANON).

I've figured out the problem and I've managed to fix it by creating a new folder 101CANON, but there about 60 or so photos stuck in the 101HPAIO folder. They are on the memory card and show up on the camera when the memory card is in, but they are not showing up on my computer when I connect the memory card. I can see folders 100CANON and 101CANON, but where is this 101HPAIO?

I know the photos are there, but I can't figure out how to access them from my computer. I'm using a MacBook Air but have tried multiple laptops (all Macs).

7 REPLIES 7

cicopo
Elite

Are you doing it through a memory card reader or by cable between the camera & camera?

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I'm using the memory card reader built into my laptop. All the photos in the "101CANON" folder are there fine. It's just the 60 or so in this other folder that I can't seem to access.

Tim
Authority

Rachey07,

First, check that the memory card's lock switch is set to the Unlocked position.  Otherwise, you would not be able to access the card.  With regards to a reader, you should be able to access the memory card's contents in a basic drag and drop fashion.  I take it that, somewhere along the line, this is not the case.  We would need a little more information to determine what may be the issue.  Let us know if you have used this in another camera and also, if so, if you formatted it.  I am not familiar with the file structure that you mention, it doesn't appear to be one of ours, so please do let the community know. 

If this is an urgent technical support matter, please get in touch via email or phone though Canon's Service and Support section.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem with a Rebel T5i and the 101HPAIO folder. I cannot see it via memory card and when I connect the camera via usb Canon software says there are no photo files. I can view the photos on the camera through the card just as the other customer.

I need a quick resolution as these photos are time-sensitive.

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Hello Flashru,

Usually you'd use EOS Utility to download the images, but you may want to try and get Digital Photo Professional (DPP) to display them.  With either the memory card reader (with card inserted) or the camera connected with card, open DPP and have a look at the file tree structure on the left hand side, not only will you see your C: and hard disks, but that of connected devices as well.  I'm curious to see if the errant folder-and therefore the files- appear in this view.  If so, they can be viewed and downloaded.  Once saved, you'd want to format the card in the camera before taking more images. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Same thing happened to me while using my 7D Mark II. I had a shoot yesterday and tried transfering the files to the computer, but they are all trapped in this 101HPAIO folder.

I am using a macbook pro and a card reader. The 101HPAIO folder does not show when I open EOS Utility or Digital Photo Professional. I can only see the 101HPAIO folder when I open an app called "Recoverit" to recover footage that has been lost (which makes no sense because I did not erase them).  You can see the folder in the picture attached:

Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 09.39.45.png

It costs 77 dollars to recover files from this app. Not sure if I'd be able to pay it. 

fsamuels
Apprentice

I also had this problem. This may be an issue that Canon can address but the problem is ultimately with MacOS, including version 12.2 (Monterey). I am able to view and copy these files on my Windows 10 system without issue. I am still not sure of the root cause since the files are not read or write protected. The folder just does not show up.

Announcements