cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"New" EOS-1D Mark IV Live View Magnification Problem

Craig_Lipski
Apprentice

My "backup" 1D IV became my wife's camera, and the shutter finally crapped out yesterday. B&H got us a "new" one today! After updating the firmware, I deleted all the old settings and set it up just like my old one. My wife has terrible vision, so she uses Live View, with magnification, often. I CAN'T GET THE "NEW" ONE TO MAGNIFY LIVE VIEW! I know Live View magnification doesn't work with Facial Recognition EF; that is NOT on. The magnification works fine when reviewing images, just not during Live View, so I figure it can't be a bad button. As far as I can tell, the 2 bodies are set up exactly the same *except for the Firmware Version*. I hadn't updated the Firmware in the old body since 1.1.1 came out; the new body has 1.1.5 I can't imagine that a firmware update would kill the capability, but other than that, I'm afraid it may be a hardware problem. I tried looking for 1.1.1 on line, but I'm getting a message that it's not available for my OS (Win 10). I could break out the old laptop w/ Win8 and look. . . . I was going to call or chat w/ B&H, but they're closed until Sunday. Do they offer that type of support? Anybody here have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I don't know if it is possible to downgrade FW, and I also suspect it is not your problem, but here is a link to 1.1.1.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApNpngg2Z6dbhIkNy5ygggR-k0KyTw?e=4rUFCm

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Craig_Lipski
Apprentice
Thank you, John.
Announcements