cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just want to WIRELESSLY move pictures from camera to pc on my EOS REBEL T100 QUICKLY

rdhartman
Contributor

Ive had this camera for sometime, and the only options it gives me in settings is (camera/smartphone/printer/webservices)

i do online selling and posting and need to not ruin my usb cable input because im constantly doing this. The ONLY way i can do what i want to is emulate a cellphone device on my laptop and move connect to that wirelessly? there seems like there has to be a way easier method so i don have to keep my camera conneccted to the usb input (which is slowly coming loose) HELP ME!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My Dell laptop, Windows 10 64, has an SD slot on the left side so I don't need a card reader or USB cord.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Danny

Hi, rdhartman!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Here is a link to the Canon USA Product Support page for the T100.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-c... 

I do not believe the T100 has been designed to allow for wireless downloads to a computer, PC or Mac.

3C655DB6-71B0-44CE-AFCD-366A29A154A4.jpeg

This is a screenshot of the camera's features listed on that page.  Wireless communication with a computer does not seem to be an available option.  This appears to be "by design".

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I know i read this and it'd kind of upsetting. When you see those listed one wioulf assume a computer is just not there because that's only common sense 

@rdhartman wrote:

I know i read this and it'd kind of upsetting. When you see those listed one wioulf assume a computer is just not there because that's only common sense 

One common misconception that nearly everyone makes, myself included, is that you see the word "Wi-Fi" and your brain thinks "networkable", which is simply not the case.  The only reason the camera uses Wi-Fi technology is because that is what is built into today's smart devices and computers.  

The built-in Wi-Fi in most cameras is used in a manner more akin to Bluetooth than actual Ethernet networking.  Most [camera] companies sell a separate accessory for near full blown network functionality.

As for your camera not directly communicating with a computer, that's how it was designed.  It is designed to enhance, or compliment, the photo capability in a smart device.  Downloading to a computer is achieved through via USB cable or removing the memory card and using a card reader.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

My Dell laptop, Windows 10 64, has an SD slot on the left side so I don't need a card reader or USB cord.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

im trying to do this without having to remove anything from the camera or plug anything in. i want this done wirelessly

rdhartman
Contributor
Windows 10 64 but is what I’m currently using.the only thing I haven’t really tried is creating a ftp server and using that as a web service.

The most efficient way to transfer your pictures is with a card reader.

yes that would be the efficient but I've got my tripod mounted and I don't want to have to remove the piece from the bottom to have to open the compsrtmrnt for the card itself.i have an adapter plug in for my battery replacement and the sub cable becomes unplugged by any small movements to the laptop I'm using. I like to use the remote viewing.my biggest concern is the wear and tear on the USB port on the camera. I know how those are after long usages.i was thinking WiFi sad card but was hoping to find a solution on here first

Announcements