cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want downloads to group in folders by date- camera puts them in a massive file how to change that?

LearnToDrawFAST
Apprentice

When I hook my Sony to the computer, it shows the files in folder by the date they were shot so it's easy to determine if I downloaded it or what I just shot.

The Cannon puts every shot I've ever taken into the same folder so it takes a massive amount of time to find the new shots.

How do I change that?

1 REPLY 1

ScottyP
Authority
I suggest you start creating a new folder every time you download a card full of images, naming it by date and description, then downloading that batch into that folder. I always name mine like this:
2014-10-07; pumpkin farm and grandma visit
I bring up both the card and the new folder and manually drag the images off the card and drop them into the folder. I never just let Windows handle what to do with them, or to dump all photos into one big folder. Makes finding stuff a lot easier and makes post processing a lot simpler too.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements