cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have just bought a cannon rebel eos t5 does t51 lens fit on my camera and what size lens i need

tinogou
Apprentice

does t51 lens fit eos t5 canon rebel what size lens do i have to buy or my camera is it 58 mm

5 REPLIES 5

jazzman1
Rising Star

@tinogou wrote:

does t51 lens fit eos t5 canon rebel what size lens do i have to buy or my camera is it 58 mm

No offense, but I have no idea, or can figure what you're asking.  What T5i lens are you referring to???   There is no such lens unless you're talking about the kits lens that come with the T5i body...and there's several that may come as a kit lens with the T5i.  None are called the T5i lens.

i am asking if the camera rebel eos t51 and the camera rebel eos t5 are the same for extra lens kit does the canon rebel eost5 take the same size lens as the rebel canon eos t51 i think that the extra lens size is 58 mm but i am not sure

@tinogou wrote:

i am asking if the camera rebel eos t51 and the camera rebel eos t5 are the same for extra lens kit does the canon rebel eost5 take the same size lens as the rebel canon eos t51 i think that the extra lens size is 58 mm but i am not sure

Here's the T5i and some of the kit lens available for it/them.  The T5 uses the same kit lens.  They both can use "any"  EF-S or EF or L (pro) lens.  The 58mm size of the lens varies depending on the lens you choose.  Some are smaller or larger than 58mm.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/945054-REG/canon_8595b003_eos_dig_rebel_t5i.html

tinogou
Apprentice

what size lens do i need for eos t5 is it 58 mm and does t51 lens fit a eos t5

amfoto1
Authority

Lenses between the two cameras are fully interchangeable. And they both can use literally any EF or EF-S Canon lens, as well as many lenses made to fit Canon by other manufacturers.

Often a T5 and T5i are sold with one or two "kit" lenses.

Typically the primary kit lens would be one of the following:

EF-S 18-55mm IS II

EF-S 18-55mm IS STM

EF-S 18-135mm IS

EF-S 18-135mm IS STM

The above are general purpose, "walk-around" lenses that often come bundled with the camera.

Two-lens kits usually add a telephoto lens, typically one of the following:

EF-S 55-250mm IS II

EF-S 55-250mm IS STM

EF 75-300mm

Very rarely I've seen kits offered with:

EF-S 18-200mm IS 

If you already have purchased the camera without any lens, you actually can choose from many, many more. Any EF or EF-S lens will work on T5. Some possibilities are:

EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM (larger aperture for low light shooting, plus even faster USM autofocus)

EF-S 15-85mm IS USM (wider angle than most kit lenses, also with USM)

EF-S 60/2.8 Macro USM (high magnification macro lens)

EF-S 10-22mm USM (utlra wide angle with fast USM) 

EF-S 10-18mm IS STM (reasonably affordable ultrawied, with image stabilization)

EF 50mm f1.8 II (an inexpensive, short telephoto with a large aperture, nice for portraiture)

EF 50mm f1.8 STM (a new version with better STM focus drive)

Of all the above, the STM lenses are a newer design, slightly more expensive with faster, smoother and usually quieter autofocus that's good for all purposes, but may be particularly desirable if wanting to shoot video with your camera. There also are USM lenses, which in most cases is a fast, quiet, good tracking and precise form of autofocus that's particularly desirable for sports and other types of action photography. 

The above are just to give you some idea... there are about 50 or 60 more Canon EF and EF-S lenses that you might choose among, depending upon what you want to shoot. Plus third party manufacturers (Sigma, Tamron and Tokina, primarily) make a few dozen lenses to fit Canon, all of which would work on T5, too.

EDIT: Several times you've referred to "58mm lens" and I can't help but wonder if you are actually asking about filters, because this is a common size used by Canon lenses and it is imprinted on many lenses (usually associated  with an Ø symbol).

If you are asking about filters, you don't really need one. But the most useful and popular types is a circular polarizer. It's used to control reflections, deepen the color of blue skies and some other image enhancements. There also are lots of times you can't or shouldn't use it, because it reduces the amount of light reaching your camera's sensor a lot, making you use higher ISOs and.or longer shutter speeds, for example. You buy one to fit the filter size of your particular lens (such as 58mm).

Or maybe you are mis-interpreting the filter size (again, it's usually accompanied by a symbol like Ø). That's not the focal length of the lens.  

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7D(x2), 50D(x3), some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR & EXPOSUREMANAGER 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements