cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon eos rebel t7 unable to attach new 50mm lens

emily4
Apprentice

I am having difficulty attaching my new 50mm lens to my Rebel t7 DSLR. it seems like there is something obstructing it from screwing on. Help? I cannot find anything online saying that I need any adapter for this lens?

2 REPLIES 2

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Where did you get this lens? What is the lens mount on your 50mm lens? Only lenses with an EF, or EF-S mount, will fit your camera.

Mike Sowsun

zakslm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

emily4,

LIike Mike said, only EF and EF-S lenses will work on the T7.  If he lens is a R mount lens (for Canon mirrorless cameras) it will not mount on the on your camera nor will a Canon FD mount lens work.  

If the lens is a 50mm EF mount lens, make sure you are matching the red dot on the 50mm lens to the red dot at 12 o'clock on the camera mount and turn the lens clockwise to lock.  If it is and EF 50mm lens and still doesn't mount when properly matching the red dots, something is wrong.

Unlike an EF-S lens (like the kit lens that probably came with your camera) where you match the white squares at 1 o'clock on the camera mount, EF lenses mount by matching the red dots at 12 o'clock.  

click here to view the gallery
Announcements