cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannon rebel t7 no image and no auto focus

Rocks
Apprentice

auto focus on, quick mode.. Image in lcd has focus points showing, but there is no auto focus when shtter is pushed halfwauy. pushed all the way shutter works..  press review it says "no image".  worked fine the last time I used it. setting is on all auto. Also flash is supposed to be disabled but pops up when shtter is pushed. I am betting it is something simple cuase I am not that smart on this stuff.

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@Rocks wrote:

auto focus on, quick mode.. Image in lcd has focus points showing, but there is no auto focus when shtter is pushed halfwauy. pushed all the way shutter works..  press review it says "no image".  worked fine the last time I used it. setting is on all auto. Also flash is supposed to be disabled but pops up when shtter is pushed. I am betting it is something simple cuase I am not that smart on this stuff.

First, go into the menu and reset all camera settings and all custom functions. Instructions for that will be in your manual.

THen set camera to P(rogram) mode on the dial and go outside in daylight and try to take a picture.

If that doesn't clear up the problem, a few suggestions:

1. is there a camera club near you. Often if you go to a meeting someone might be able to help you. I know my club does that.

2. is there a camera store near you

3. here is the website for Canon support: Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Service & Repair

4. Midwest Camera has been recommended by some folks on this forum

5. Cameraworks of Colorado Springs has been recommended by folks on the Ugly HedgeHog site

I have no direct experience with either of them.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the info. I found some one theat knew the cmaera and he adjusted the Quick mode and it seems to be working.

Raymond224
Apprentice

skylightpaycard wrote:

@Raymond224 wrote:

skylightpaycard wrote:

Quick mode?  Are you using the OVF, the optical viewfinder?  Or, are using the Live View on the rear screen?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements